Friday 29 May 2015

The Guru-Therapist Cartoon

A Seriously Lighthearted Saturday Morning Cartoon For Buddhists, Therapists, and Buddhist-Therapists.



The Guru-Therapist Is IN ... 5¢













Tilopa's Six Words of Advice for Naropa
Translation by Ken McLeod. Creative Commons License 3.0

Don't recall ~ Let go of what has passed
Don't imagine ~ Let go of what may come
Don't think ~ Let go of what is happening now
Don't examine ~ Don't try to figure anything out
Don't control ~ Don't try to make anything happen
Rest ~ Relax, right now, and rest



For more, please see my other blog postings by clicking on "older posts" or "newer posts" below, or by visiting my other blog here The Six Realms of Samsara. My books are available through My Author's Spotlight  Thank you!

© 2015 Lindsey Ann Arnold. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

  1. LOL, can you guess which one of the two is an American?? I can! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shannon. Can I guess? Well, maybe or maybe not. I'll leave it to the reader. I will say, though, that we are all apt to create narratives about the events in our lives and more often than not these narratives compound our problems and prolong our suffering. Tilopa's words to Naropa are the key to ending our suffering. They are, however, fairly easy to state, as I have simply written them here, but not so easy fully understand, and extraordinarily difficult to try and embody. What I like about cartoons, though, is that they can be "seriously lighthearted" and can express serious things in a way that makes us all laugh or at least smile. Thank you for letting me know it made you LOL. I appreciate hearing that, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everybody likes to blame someone for things that have gone wrong, which does no good and only creates more problems. I know this, because I've spent the majority of my life blaming myself for everything that goes wrong! I've recently learned to accept the past, learn from it and generally laugh it off! (Funny thing, I'm a Baptist!) I find other religions fascinating. Thanks for the education! 8-)

    ReplyDelete